Sunday 20 April 2014

'Nothing interesting about being married except that it saves you money' - 2Shotz

Talking about what marriage has taught him in
a recent interview with Punch, rapper 2shotz,
who got married exactly one year ago, said
there's really nothing interesting about married
life except for companionship and the money it
saves you...
"I have learnt a lot of things they just
never tell you. There is no interesting
thing about being married except for the
companionship and it saves you some
money. You no longer have to eat out
and you don’t have to spend money on a
couple of girls. Now, it’s just your wife. It
also prevents you from doing some
things that are either promiscuous or
unnecessary".
His wife Precious also explained how they met
on Twitter. People are really finding love on
social media. Continue to read what she said...
Precious: I met him on Twitter. I can’t
remember who followed who first, but I
remember he put up a picture of his apartment
and I commented without knowing who he
was.  He thanked me and we got talking. We
moved the conversation from Twitter to phone,
then to Skype. I was in Ireland, came to Nigeria
for Christmas and we met in person.
How would you describe being married?
Precious: It has been good and different
because you have this person who is always
telling you what to do. It took me time to get
used to having to submit wholly .In Ireland, I
started making my own money at age 16 and by
the time I was 18, I had my own apartment. I
had become used to being independent.
Is there anything you would like to change
about each other?
2shotz: Her mouth. You know how women talk,
they are never satisfied.
Precious: That I don’t like certain things about
him does not mean I can’t live with it. But I will
like him to be less stubborn. He is an Igbo man
who is deeply rooted in the Igbo culture which
makes him think in a certain way. At times, he
is not willing to bend the rules just to make it
happen. I am just learning the values and
tradition of my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment